Building Surveyor / Property Consultant
|Location||Leeds. Manchester and Solihull|
A permanent Building Surveyor / Property Consultant needed for a company based in Leeds, Manchester and Solihull. This is an established Practice, bringing together a wide range of expertise in surveying, valuation & property management, all under one roof. They offer their clients a complete range of surveying, valuation & related services in the residential, commercial & retail sectors.With a trading history in excess of 150 years, they have built a reputation for offering clients a reliable & flexible service at a competitive price.
- To deliver a wide range of building consultancy services to a wide spectrum of clients
- To assist the Member Partners when appropriate to enhance turnover and profitability
- To represent the Practice as a Building Surveyor and promote its best interests at all times
- To provide day to day assistance to the Member Partners when directed
- To take instructions and guidance from Member Partners when applicable
- To take instructions from clients and seek guidance from the Member Partner where appropriate.
- To assist with the development and maintenance of a strong client base specifically in building surveying matters but also generally
- To comply with RICS membership regulations in so far as they apply to you in the capacity of a Building Surveyor
- To diligently handle all instructions and to maintain comprehensive records for all work undertaken
To carry out / assist with the carrying out of day to day duties including:-
- To undertake measured surveys and production of drawings
- To prepare specification and tender documentation
- To prepare and submit Applications for consent to Local Authority
- Planning and Building Control departments, Fire Officers, Licensing, Justices, Freeholders etc as applicable
- Undertake and prepare Condition Surveys
- Undertake and prepare Schedule of Dilapidations
- Principal Designer role under the CDM Regulations
- Party Wall matters
- Prepare cost estimate advice
- Undertake and prepare Building Survey reports
- Undertake the role as Expert Witness and Advocate
- Project management/coordination services
- Contract administrator role
- Residential Homebuyer reports & building surveys
To monitor the market place in respect of information technology / system / software, which may be of benefit to the Practice and to advise accordingly
Advise on the management and supervision of maintenance of buildings
Ensure projects are completed on budget and to schedule
Advise clients on scheme and projects and determine requirements
Determine the condition of existing buildings, identify defects including proposals for repair and/or replacement
Prepare reinsurance reinstatement cost assessments
Advise on boundary and Right of Light disputes and Party Wall procedures
If you are interested in this vacancy or any others displayed on the site, or if you would just like to speak to one of our consultants, please use the contact form below.
Finding the right people is never easy and it's something I hate, having to go through so many CVs and find the right person for the job. Thanks to Rebecca for all her help in getting us our new team member. Never experienced an easier process. I gave her the requirements and within a week we had the perfect candidate for the role. If you're recruiting then make sure you speak to Rebecca and I am sure she will find the right person for your business and team. She did for us. Thanks again Rebecca and speak soon for my next hiring round.
I decided to give a start-up recruitment company a chance to help recruit for an Infrastructure Engineer. I found Rebecca easy to get along with, very down to earth and inquisitive, interested in understanding the culture fit with our existing team members, not just the skillsets, she successfully matched both the person and the job specifications and he is already deeply involved in the team and quickly becoming an asset.
2 months have passed now, since making this hire and I can only praise the excellent service and candidate standard which Rebecca delivered. BlockIT Recruitment exceeded my expectations and I have no hesitation in recommending them.
Network Infrastructure at Daviker Ltd
I have dealt with Rebecca for the past 17 years or more, and during that period I have always found her attentive, courteous and passionate when it comes to selecting the right candidates for our company. In an age when selection is so important, its re-assuring to know that we can turn to Rebecca to ensure that we select the best candidates available
Works Manager at Trident Foams Limited
I've had the pleasure of knowing Rebecca for several months now and have liaised with her on several Technology roles. Rebecca is a very rare breed in Tech Recruitment... she is passionate about the underlying technologies and has done substantial reading-up on these. A good example is Blockchain, where she is probably one of the UK's leading recruiters in this area...given she actually understands the technologies and where the industry is heading. I would have no hesitation in recommending her and her work.
Dr Simon Carlino (FCMI, FRSM, PGDipSI)
Award Winning Strategist & Senior Executive
Iâ€™ve been working with rebecca throughout an entire selection process, her care and her feedback during all this time have been unbeatable and I think that she performs at the highest levels of excellence in hers job.
To achieve this, you must have outstanding skills or a passion for what you're doing, and Rebecca has both.
Iago FernÃ¡ndez Varela
Technical Support Officer at SmartFreightÂ®
Rebecca invited me to apply for a web development position and while I did not take the job, I found it to be a valuable process that was unlike my other experiences with recruiters. Rebecca is very enthusiastic, friendly, pragmatic and positive. I always felt I was a high priority and that I had her full attention - again unlike other recruiters! I can recommend her to others looking for development work.
Freelance copywriter for agencies, SMEs, tech and gaming clients since 2008